Water softeners in Edmonton are becoming a more popular option for many homeowners. These systems remove hardness minerals from your water, making it feel softer and look more apparent. They can also help prolong the life of appliances and plumbing fixtures by preventing mineral buildup.
Installing water softeners is a great way to improve the quality of your home’s water. If you’re not sure which system is right for you, our team of experts can help you find the perfect solution for your needs. Plumbers Edmonton is your one-stop shop for all your water treatment needs!
We offer a wide variety of water softeners, filters, and filtration systems to meet your needs. We can also install whole-house systems that filter all the water coming into your home.
Why You Need a Water Softener in Edmonton
Water softeners are water filtration systems that remove dissolved minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, and iron, from your water. These minerals can cause several problems in your home, including:
- making it challenging to get suds when you wash your hands or dishes
- leaving spots on dishes, glasses, and silverware
- making it difficult to rinse the soap off your body when you shower
- causing your hair to feel dry and straw-like
- making it difficult to get a close shave
These minerals can also cause buildup in your plumbing fixtures and appliances, leading to costly repairs. A water softener will remove these minerals from your water, making it easier to suds up when you wash, rinse the soap off your body, and get a close shave. In addition, it will help prolong the life of your plumbing fixtures and appliances by preventing mineral buildup.
Why Do You Have Hard Water?
It isn’t necessarily a terrible thing to have hard water. It simply contains more minerals than soft water. As it flows under the earth, water may absorb calcium and magnesium from the soil and rocks around it. It is why some regions have more challenging water than others.
The amount of rain or snowfall in an area can also affect the hardness of the water. In areas with little rainfall, the water that falls has a higher chance of picking up minerals from the ground.
The following are some things that may cause the hardness of your home’s water to rise:
- You live in an area with naturally hard water.
- The level of hardness in your water has changed. It can happen if there is a change in your water sources, such as a new well or a shift in the treatment plant that supplies your water.
- There is a problem with your home’s plumbing. It could result from a change in the pipes or a problem with the water heater.
Why It’s Important to Get Rid of Hard Water?
Hard water isn’t always harmful to your health. However, it may create some issues in your house, including:
- It aids in the improvement of water flow from your plumbing.
- Your plumbing and water heater will not scale up if you use hard water.
- It extends the life of your appliances, water heater, and plumbing.
How to Manage Hard Water
Dissolved minerals cause water hardness in the water, such as calcium and magnesium. While these minerals are not harmful to your health, they can leave your hair feeling sticky and your skin feeling dry. They can also cause scale buildup on fixtures and appliances, reducing their lifespan.
You may handle hard water in your house in many ways, including:
- Water filters: Water filters can remove the dissolved minerals from your water, making it softer.
- Water softeners: These systems remove the dissolved minerals from your water, making it easier to suds up when you wash and rinse the soap off your body.
- Reverse osmosis: This system removes impurities from your water by forcing it through a semi-permeable membrane.
What Are Common Water Problems In Edmonton?
There are several common water problems in Edmonton, which include:
Hard water: This water contains dissolved minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, which can cause spots on dishes, glasses, and silverware. It can also make it difficult to rinse the soap off your body when you shower.
Cloudy water: This water contains tiny particles that make it appear dirty. These particles can come from some sources, including sediment in the water, algae, or bacteria.
Discoloured water: This water may have a brown, yellow, or red tint. Iron in the water usually causes it.
Odd taste: This water may have a metallic or sulfuric taste. Dissolved minerals in the water usually cause it.
How Does a Water Softener Work?
Water softeners work by exchanging the hardness minerals for sodium or potassium ions in your water. This process is known as ion exchange. It flushes the exchanged particles out of the system through a drain.
We usually install water softeners where your water enters your house. This way, it will soften all of the water in your home.
How Long Will a Water Softener in Edmonton Last?
Water softeners may extend the life of your pipes and appliances. A whole-house system should function for up to 15 years. However, small systems could barely survive five years.
If your water softener isn’t operating correctly, it would be best to replace it. It’s time to replace your water softener if you have hard water and it’s not eliminating the hardness. If the resin beads in your water softener have run out, you should replace them.
You can make your water softener last longer by doing the following:
- Clean the brine tank yearly: This will remove the salt buildup in the tank.
- Backwash the system every few months: This will remove the sediment from the system.
- Replace the resin beads every five years: This will ensure that the system can continue to exchange hardness minerals for sodium or potassium ions.
- Change the filter every six months: This will remove impurities from the water.
Hire Water Filtration System Experts in Edmonton
Installing a water filtration system is a big decision. You want to make sure that you hire experts to install the system. Plumbers Edmonton will be able to assess your needs and recommend the best AC system for your home. They will also be able to install the system correctly so that it can start filtering your water right away.
We also provide repair and maintenance services for existing systems. Our experienced plumbers will be able to diagnose and fix any problems with your system quickly.
Contact us today to learn more about our water filtration services in Edmonton. We would be happy to answer any questions that you have.